Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Music, Thoughts, pretty much anything that entertains me or distracts me will end up here. .

Friday, April 8, 2011

The week from hell...

So, this week started off as any reg'lar ol' week does, until I blew the engine in the winter legacy, a.k.a. "Blue Car".
Ok, fine, whatever, I guess I won't be doing the work that I intended to do to the white legacy right now...
Slap the plates on the white car and go. Its always pleasant getting into the white car after driving the blue car all winter. They're the same year (1994) and practically the same mileage at 195k on the white one and 225k on the blue one. Amazing what abuse turns a car into...

So, getting back, I swap plates onto the white car, fire it up, take the valuables out of the blue car and put it out back where it will stay until I get to it, which is usually middle of November... lol

Thursday morning: I drive the white car to work, bail out of work 5mins early and make it 30mi to the RMV at 3mins before closing time. Mint!
Get in the door only to realize I don't have an rmv-1 form... Great, I've only done this a hundred times... Fine, turn around and leave.
Continue my Thursday bank routine, and come out of the bank to see that someone had hit my bumper, hard. It appears to be a tire, but it still rubbed quite a but of paint off, right down to the plastic....

Fantastic. Nobody is around, the bank is checking to see if there is anything on the surveillance tape. I hope so... Can't file a police report, considering the car isn't registered! Damn.

Drive it to work Friday, still very illegal. Take my lunch to run to the RMV and don't even make it out of town before getting tailed by a police car from the neighboring town that I will be passing through soon.
I turn down a side road, he turns. I turn into a driveway, he creeps by...
:: phew:: that was close. Continue on, and as I'm passing through the center, here comes that cop out of a side street. I go past, and lights ablaze, here he comes, after me. I tell a short story as to why I don't have a registration with me, and he tells me what he knows, and asks what my story was again, so I tell the truth. It gets impounded, I get a criminal citation, and now will wait for a summons. What was a $25 registration charge very quickly turned into a $200 day, plus whatever court fees, and whatever else.

Here's to hoping next week is better...



No comments:

Post a Comment